Last night the Federal Government handed down the 2017-18 Federal Budget. Fair to say, PM Turnbull and Treasurer Morrison have finally grown some courage and stood up to the Liberal hard right to deliver what could be described as a quasi Labor budget. We have reviewed the Budget and prepared a summary of the key measures to be considered. These include:
· Medicare levy increases
· Big banks levy of 0.06%
· Overhaul of foreign policy in relation to visas, employment, property and education
· Additional super contribution options for downsizers
· Re-instatement of the Pensioner Concession Card for former pensioners
· Boost in school education funding
· Implementing a fully funded National Disability Insurance Scheme
In our view, the Budget was a step in the right direction. An opportunity to reframe the debate and focus on what is essentially the core problem, a revenue shortfall.
If you have any questions in relation to this email please do not hesitate to contact our office.
Have a great day
Innate Financial Services Group